Authentic Medicine is about connecting us back to the roots of medicine. This online “magazine” will constantly be updated with informative and challenging opinions and ideas. The goal is to fight back against those things that are taking us away from the direct care of patients while still pointing out the lunacy and hypocrisy of this job. It is the evolution of what I was really trying to accomplish by the end with the Placebo Journal.
Physicians and patients need to join together to form the “Authentic Medicine Movement”. This is not about being Republican or Democrat. It is about opening up a dialogue and keeping that conversation going. You may hate some of the things I say. I may hate some of your comments. It doesn’t matter. The wrong people (politicians, businessmen, and administrators) are running and ruining this healthcare system. We need to speak up and be part of the NEVER ENDING DEBATE.
Issues that I am concerned about:
- Why we are moving to an era of Industrialized Medicine
- The Quality Movement and why it is a scam
- The ever expanding Medical Axis of Evil
- Medical Dogma and the Alphabet Soup (JC, HIPAA,etc)
- Bureaucratic Drag and the distractions from treating patients
- Burnout and depression amongst healthcare professionals
- Humor in caring for the patient and the caretaker
I would be honored if you can check out the site and tell me what you like or dislike so far. Come back regularly as new items are added daily (at least).