Are we just creating new names for specialties on a whim now? I have never heard of a nocturnist before. Wikipedia, you know, the source for anything official, says a nocturnist is “a hospital-based physician who only works overnight. Most nocturnists are trained in internal medicine or family medicine and have experience in hospital medicine.”
So, basically, a hospitalist who cannot see sunlight? Does he bite people and drink their blood too? Isn’t that a Draculist?
Come one. This has to be a joke. I can make up names too. Heck, this could be fun:
- Candiasist – a physician who only sees patients with yeast.
- Gloomist – a physician who only sees sad patients.
- Repugnist – a physician who only sees ugly patients.
- Phallist – a physician who only sees politicians.
- Pannist – a physician who only sees fat people.
Now it is your turn. Send in some ideas for names of new specialties. Be creative and share your humor!Tweet