Man, it is good to have money because then you do things like this. United Healthcare opened a health benefits store in New York’s Chinatown in February. That is their 23rd such store! These places get about 3000 visitors a month. The 11,000-square-foot Asian Plaza allows visitors to:
- Discuss their health care benefits with customer service professionals.
- Staff will help them apply for more than 15 state and federal social service programs.
- The store has computers to help visitors find health information.
- Blood pressure, pulse rate and body mass index are measured at kiosks.
- The insurer also will host free educational seminars there.
If you are a doctor, you better hope that United Healthcare gives you a good rating because I can foresee a time where they will have live people directing patients to another doctor. Think of a stupid Verizon stores where these posers are all dressed up speaking like experts about a damn phone. Now you have “expert healthcare” posers saying, “Dr. Smith has a lower rating in his quality metrics of obesity and hypertension and therefore his copay is $30. You may want to try another model. Oh, here is one. Dr. Jones has very nice metrics and her copay is only $10.”