Here is an interesting fact. Did you know that 86% of enrollees in the Affordable Care Act receive subsidies? I am not making this up. Here is the NYT article, which is liberal and pro-ACA. Oh, and the White House admits this as well. So, 14% of the people are getting destroyed with health care premiums to make up for the other 86%. Does that sound fair to anyone? Some would say that the pre-existing condition makes the ACA plan worth it. Maybe, but that easily can be kept in any new plan. Some would say that allowing a child to stay on a parent’s plan until their mid 20s is wonderful. I thought so too but I have a $6000 deductible on each member of my family and I still pay almost $14K a year for insurance. Why would I not let my two older children go on the exchange and get subsidized? That way if they get ill, and one of my kids has some issues, it comes off his plan which will probably be free. I would save the risk of losing $6K per kid and possibley lower my premium. Why wouldn’t I do that? Exactly. And so I will.
Get our awesome newsletter by signing up here
It’s FREE!!! And we don’t share your email with anyone.