Here are some headlines I recently saw:
- Social Security overpaid benefits by nearly $17 billion
- Christie calls Dept. of Veterans Affairs ‘a national disgrace’
- Giant data hack may expose major national secrets
- Veterans Affairs improperly spent $6 billion annually, senior official says
- Medicaid enrollment under ObamaCare soars, raising cost concerns
- A Costly Medicare Surprise Awaits Retirees
I know that this is a little biased. It’s kind of like foraging for mushrooms in the forest or shark teeth on the beach. Once you see one, you start seeing a lot more. That being said, I just don’t trust the government running our healthcare system. Sorry. And, no, I don’t have a bunker with provisions for the end of the world. I just see the idiots in charge losing our data, paying the wrong doctors. gouging the right doctors, and being unable to contain costs. What we have now sucks and it has gotten hardly any better under the ACA. Find me a way to have real competition between insurers across state lines. Allow people to buy a cheap catastrophic plan so they don’t lose their car or house due to a major illness. This will lead to price transparency and then patients will shop around. This will drop the cost of healthcare in this country.