Recently I have heard the same quote on two different mediums (a book and a podcast) and it goes like this:
The purpose of life is to have a life of purpose.
I loved it! This just seems to resonate with me. I finally feel my own purpose in life after removing most of the distractions of third parties(administrators, insurers, etc) from it. I am really doing the job I wanted to do. I am the doctor I envisioned myself to be while in medical school. Sure I write about some nasty stuff about our broken healthcare system but that is just plain fun. That being said, I saw this article called 7 STRANGE QUESTIONS THAT HELP YOU FIND YOUR LIFE PURPOSE and it not only made me laugh but it made me think. Please take a look at it and see if it helps you too. Here are Mark Manson’s questions but you really need to read the whole thing in order to get it into perspective:
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR OF SHIT SANDWICH AND DOES IT COME WITH AN OLIVE?
- WHAT IS TRUE ABOUT YOU TODAY THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR 8-YEAR-OLD SELF CRY?
- WHAT MAKES YOU FORGET TO EAT AND POOP?
- HOW CAN YOU BETTER EMBARRASS YOURSELF?
- HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD?
- GUN TO YOUR HEAD, IF YOU HAD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE ALL DAY, EVERY DAY, WHERE WOULD YOU GO AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DIE ONE YEAR FROM TODAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO AND HOW WOULD YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED?