Medical Axis of Evil Report #1

More to come. They will get better as my editing skills get better. Enjoy. Would love the feedback. It is only 2 minutes of your time. 🙂

9 comments for “Medical Axis of Evil Report #1

1. Melly
    February 4, 2016 at 11:15 am

BACON!!!!! Is DPC a viable option for semi-retirement? We have less than 30 months left to retire and annual hospital contract renewals. Can you give more specifics on how DPC works? What about payments on patients outpatient testing and such- you know, the stuff that causes us all the headaches with prior auths? Also, can it make financial sense to do this part time with malpractice costs?

Love, Love, Love the publication- always have!

February 4, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Doing it part time would be tough. My model is basically a gym membership model. $75/month for one, $125 for a couple and $150 for a family.

2. RSW
    January 31, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Great post. I’d drop the Orwellian term “healthcare;” what we provide is medical care.

3. January 30, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Hmmm! As a fighter like you I have sorta been through the ringer! Google me and go to Texas Medical Board to see the accusations yes accusations! Curious they do not need to prove anything to try and destroy you. In Laredo it is just like you state. Those in favor with the two local hospital administrators receive( allegedly) special treatment and those out well nothing. We keep recycling the same doctors as heads of departments and staff. Laughable really. Though my criticism says otherwise we as physicians need to work together to fight for our patients! I, when younger use to say why can’t anyone do something about the current wrongs! Then I realized I was someone, so started doing something about the wrongs, put me in a bit of a bind but if you don’t start fighting your going to end up like the frog slowly boiled( though I hear even frogs are not stupid enough to sit in slowly heated water on its way to boiling)! As you quoted I believe Winston Churchill stated it only takes good men(people) to sit by to allow evil to propagate! Probably screwed up the quote but you have the idea!

4. Mandi
    January 30, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Dr. Doug is awesome! Because….bacon.
    But no, really, you’re the only one who’s not only speaking out, but backing up your beliefs with action. I tell colleagues about you and your practice all the time. Hopefully, you are the wave of the future behind which more will follow.

January 30, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Thank you.

5. Hawgguy
    January 30, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Excellent – really enjoyed your mini-rant. You have been saying these things for quite a while. I’d like to see more. The only suggestion would be to improve the acoustics where you are recording.

January 30, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Will try

6. Dr Thomas D Guastavino
    January 30, 2016 at 6:57 am

DPC for primary care. For specialists, super-specialize, and avoid complex, difficult, demanding or uncooperative patients. Follow the KISS principle.