Come up with your own list. Here is mine.
- Coronavirus shows us we are not in charge of the world. Our brains, reasoning and problem solving are not helping. It’s making us freak out.
- We can slow the spread. However, ultimately a large percentage of people will get this infection. It’s not stoppable
- Some of us will die. Even a “small” 0.5% case fatality rate is huge when you infect half the world’s population.
- Assisted Living and Nursing Homes are sitting in a very bad place.
- If a drug helps, the impact will not be dramatic. Availability and price will limit the benefit.
- We don’t have enough time to make a safe and highly effective vaccine in gigantic quantities.
- We can modify the impact on the health system to keep within its capacity. But, we can’t drive the cases to zero.
- This is decimating our economy. Both options look frightful: Open up and let the pandemic roar, resulting in panic, versus shutting down and smothering the economy.
- Testing will improve, but will never be enough or as accurate as needed.
- We will make a lot of mistakes. Be ready to reverse direction.
- It’s too easy to fight among ourselves. This is a really bad time to start a war.
Okay…. Your turn….