Fauci In Style

I’ll just leave this right here, along with my apology for ever suspecting Fauci was a self-promoting media whore.

(Editor’s Note: Pat you forgot the Bobblehead. I actually have one!)

(Editor’s Note #2: Whoops. Then there is this:)

Join 3,615 other subscribers

Pat Conrad MD

Pat Conrad is a full-time rural ER doc on the Florida Gulf Coast. After serving as a carrier naval flight officer, he graduated from the University of Florida College of Medicine, and the Tallahassee Family Medicine residency program. His commentary has appeared in Medical Economics and at AuthenticMedicine.com . Conrad’s work stresses individual freedom and autonomy as the crucial foundation for medical excellence, is wary of all collective solutions, and recognizes that the vast majority of poisonous snakebites are concurrent with alcohol consumption.

You may also like...

14 Responses

1. Stewart says:

A second generation child of immigrants is honored by MLB after a long and distinguished career in medicine, and everyone here gets totally bent out of shape?

What exactly is wrong with that? Why can’t we as physicians be proud of the recognition given to our profession?

Who would you rather be honored in this way – Brittany Spears? Joey Buttafuoco? Judy Mikovits? The Octo-mom?

Would that make you feel prouder as an American and a physician?

And, while I’m ranting, what exactly is the “Fauci brand” that you claim he’s busy creating for his ninth decade of life?

• Douglas Farrago MD says:

Bobblehead, In Style, First pitch. No one knew him before CV19. He will have his own show after it. You can decide if that is cool or not.

• Stewart says:

It would be interesting to see the official Farrago list of those approved to thrown out opening pitches, and whether being on the list qualifies one as a “self-promoting media whore.” I guess physicians are verboten.

If posters have arguments with Fauci’s opinions, have at it. What we’re seeing here are rather really vicious ad hominem attacks that do nothing to advance discussion.

Disappointing.

2. Frank Rubino says:

Let me show you how easy it is to lob criticism. Faraggo, you run a business. Have you lost customers because of the pandemic? May be that colors you medical judgement. See that was easy.

• Pat says:

Actually I wrote this criticism, and Doug was kind enough to allow me to post it.

Unlike your own nonsensical response, mine has been specific here, and in previous posts.

Doug has pointed out here that there are different points of view – this is mine.

3. Frank Rubino says:

An empty stadium with his wife and a colleague. It is easy to criticize any one any where and at any time. He has earned our respect and I certainly hold him and his department in the highest esteem.
    Back off buddy!

4. Judith Elam says:

Dr Fauci deserves so much respect & admiration for the job he has done in helping lead this pandemic response. So shameful that some Americans have to turn every thing into a political free-for-all. How he has kept himself even-tempered, open, honest & focused during these long months is testimony to his depth of character. Thank you sincerely, Dr. Fauci, for your most recent public contributions in a lifetime full of giving to others… je

• Douglas Farrago MD says:

There are different opinions about him but I respect your point of view. I think using this pandemic to hone his brand was a mistake.

• Kurt says:

Doug, How has he financially benefitted from the pandemic? Not trolling here just asking. If some magazine wants to do a human interest story what’s the issue? I do have to admit ignorance though as I read two newspapers daily and cancelled cable TV after my spouse’s death January 2019. I don’t miss the talking heads so I might be out of the dilemmas in the TV “media loops”. (My wife liked the local channels and Hallmark but after she died, there was no reason for me to pay the $125.00 monthly extortion fees since I didn’t watch it much at all.)

• Pat says:

Perhaps it’s not financial? Look online at the latest pics of Fauci in the baseball stadium. The individual given so much power of the rest of us, who has said we should not go to sporting events, and should all wear masks – there he is at a sporting event, not wearing his ridiculous mask.

Perhaps his coin is power, and public adoration. If so, he is being handsomely paid.

• Stewart says:

Exactly what power does Dr. Fauci have? All he can do is give his opinion, which elected officials (the ones who have power) can take or ignore.

Good grief, the man is 79.5 years old and has worked his butt off his entire life. He’s not entitled to have a little fun?

• Douglas Farrago MD says:

I will let others go into his financials but he should have stayed away from the limelight (and trying to build his brand for post CV19 fame). Not the right timing.

• Frank Rubino says:

Back off buddy!

• Kurt says:

Ahhhh, Wasn’t the stadium empty? Fans in the seats were just cutouts. Heard that on NPR today
          that the baseball stadiums are empty. If he goes on the field without a mask, big effing deal. How far is 1st base? How far is 2nd base or shortstop from the pitcher’s mound? How far is home plate?
          What is “his brand”? Making money off of it? If he’s 79.5 years old I would have thought his 401k/retirement fund would have been established a long time ago? Is that what you guys are just jealous of an M.D. in the limelight? If so, that is just callous and immature. He was part of the AIDS epidemic and actually faded away when that cooled off. I don’t recall him seeking the limelight for quite some years. Now when called upon to assist, there is ready castigation. What’s the beef if you want to convert someone to your side? I have seen nothing specific posted so pardon me.

Get plugin http://www.fastemailsender.com