This is a little old but still worthy of mentioning: At least 15 physicians have…
The Sign of Things to Come?
Doctors are being replaced by those who are lesser educated and lesser trained. These are the facts and they are indisputable. Was it our fault? No. Did doctors help enable it? Absolutely. The sign you see above was from a hospital. To them, doctors are providers and the same as NPs and PAs. The trend is to confuse the public, treat us as if we were the same as NPPs (non physician providers), and then get rid of those with the highest income, which is the doctors.
This phenomenon is moving so fast that it has even convinced the NPPs that they are the same. The Dunning-Kruger effect is undefeated.
The war is almost over now. NPs just got full practice authority in California. The rest of the country will fall like dominos. The politicians are clueless (or paid off) and think the NPs are being discriminated against and getting FPA is their “right”. The question is what are you going to do about it?
The following is a conversation on Facebook. It comes from an NP and directs its venom towards an MD. This is becoming more and more common.
Remember these three things she brings up:
- “We are not trying to be equivalent to an MD because were are better than MDs.”
- “Because we actually listen to our patients.”
- “A doctor is a doctor is a doctor.”
Again, the Dunning-Kruger effect in full display.
This website (authenticmedicine.com) has, over and over again, shown why NPs getting FPA is wrong. We have shown how their studies are inaccurate, poorly done, or fraudulent. It looks like it doesn’t matter anymore and more and more patients will be hurt by those with little training and poor education.
What can you do about it?
- You can join groups like Physicians for Patient Protection.
- You can STOP letting NP students train with you to get their so-called clinic hours.
- You can STOP hiring NPs and PAs to increase your income.
- You can STOP agreeing to contracts where you have to oversee NPs.
- You can share cases of NPPs mismanagement with attornies that are protecting patients.
- You can talk to your professional medical organization and/or medical society and get them to ADVERTISE or MARKET the differences between doctors and NPPs.
The choice is now yours. It is not about protecting your income (a common retort from the NPPs whenever doctors speak up about this travesty). It is about protecting our healthcare system. It is about protecting patients.
Please share this.
(Any nasty NPPs that get on here to pile on and comment will have that comment deleted. Don’t waste your time.)