- They have a 2 page profile on the State of Florida controlled substance website.
- They forget (or don’t bother) to check off the boxes or write down their major medical problems.
- They have had 10 back surgeries.
- They have more cats in the house than people.
- They have “multiple chemical sensitivities”.
- Their medical history lists fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, narcolepsy, PTSD and “Idiopathic Chronic Total Body Pain”
- They have sunglasses on in the office (and there is not a medical reason for it)
- You ask them to lay down on the examining table. Almost every person who does this lays down parallel to the side edges of the table.Occasionally they don’t and lay down obliquely to the edges. This indicates to me they don’t have a good position sense and/or cognitive abilities and may not be a good candidate for major elective sur gery. I have never seen this described before so I called it the “Positive Chase sign”. It may be the only thing I have that is named after me!
4427681cookie-checkMore Bad Prognostic Signs #3