How enlightening is this article? This is what America eats. Basically, it is processed crap. I blame our government for allowing this to happen. I blame our society for being programmed into believing this is how we should eat. The list below compares out school lunch to other countries. You can go on the site to see which is from which but the truth is that I would choose to EAT OUT at these schools and pay money for it when looking at their choices. I am sure if our children were giving these other foods, however, they wouldn’t even touch it. Their parents would do the same. Which begs the question, is our poor health (compared to other countries) due to poor healthcare or because we eat crap like the above? I think the answer is obvious.
- Fried “popcorn” chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, fruit cup and a chocolate chip cookie. (USA)
- Pork with mixed veggies, black beans and rice, salad, bread and baked plantains.
- Pea soup, beet salad, carrot salad, bread and pannakkau (dessert pancake) with fresh berries.
- Fish soup, tofu over rice, kimchi and fresh veggies.
- Steak, carrots, green beans, cheese and fresh fruit.
- Baked chicken over orzo, stuffed grape leaves, tomato and cucumber salad, fresh oranges, and Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds.