Are you a physician and do you want to write for Authentic Medicine? Have you always said, “I can do that?” but never did. Are you full of great ideas that you want to share with others? Or do you just want to poke the bear and piss people off? Well, this is your chance.
Every year we do a call out for new writers. Some people express interest but are fearful of the commitment. We get that. But to be a good writer you have to write consistently.
“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot”.
So, here are the rules if you are interested:
- Pay = $0 (hell, we don’t make any money here).
- We need a blog entry once a week or once every two weeks (this is a killer for some but refer to Stephen King’s quote above).
- Topics are up to you. Seriously. You can write about anything as long as it is related to healthcare in some manner.
- Be daring. Be authentic. Take some chances.
- The length of your blog is up to you. Seriously.
- I hardly ever edit so get your grammar and spelling down though you can tell that I am not great at that either.
- You will have to learn Slack because I upload articles there that you may want to blog about. You also upload your piece there when done.
- You will get your pic and name on our website which gets tons of hits.
- Your bio is shown at the end of every blog you write.
- You cannot, however, submit the same blog to some other site.
- If you leave there are no hard feelings but the WordPress system only gives the choice to assign your material to someone else or delete. We only do the latter.
So, do you want to dance with the pros (idiots)? Do you want to be controversial or take a chance with one of the OLDEST medical blogs on the internet? Do you want to find your voice and authentic self and write a small blog once a week or so? Do you just want to get in the habit of consistently writing?
If you are interested then email me at [email protected] ASAP. We only have room for a few more.
****Please do NOT offer to write if you have some illegal or sordid past. Also, this is a MD/DO website so you must have those degrees to apply.